Take a peek into what's planned for the coming months. More details nearer the time.
Keep checking back for updates...
- Th 2nd - Steps Session Our monthly night of quality musicians from around the area.
- Fr 3rd - Iron Bell (Pink Floyd tribute) Ticket only: £8, now on sale at the Bar. A much anticipated return of this top quality band that strives to be as authentic as possible in bringing the music of Pink Floyd to the people who want to hear it played live. ** Don't delay tickets will sell out fast!
- Th 9th - Stevie Williams & The Most Wanted Band
An all star line-up of Stevie Willams, Clive Mellor, Markie Creswell, Dave Hassell & Billy Buckley. A who's who of some of the finest musicians in the North!
"You don't want to miss these guys ! ... A blistering lawless band that deals out forgotten songs playing a hugely enjoyable programme of music that ranges from vintage blues to alt. Country to modern and classic Americana all with sheer class. Not to be missed!"
- Su 12th - CJay CJay is the solo act of Craig Shorrock who will be instantly recognisable to many as the vocalist from the very popular local band Cherry Bomb. He'll be playing covers and some of his own compositions.
- Th 16th - North Sea Hijack North Sea Hijack are a new super funky three man band featuring James Mackie (ex-Selecter and Madness and Hammond player for Get Carter) on keyboards, Jo Cutler (The Convulsions) on bass & James Barrett on drums (too many to list)!
- Tu 21st - Watch the Wall's Acoustic Tuesday with special guest Scott Wainwright Yorkshire based Scott Wainwright is a singer-songwriter and instrumentalist. His music draws from various musical genres including Blues, Gospel, Folk and Hip Hop as well as various 'World' musics, such as African, Hawaiian and Indian.
- Th 23rd - Keshanadram (Jenny Bliss & Ash Mandrake) A journey through a range of emotional scenes, with unexpected twists and turns. Come to laugh, come to shed a tear. Come to be surprised, amazed and entertained. This is a wild-card-fusion band.
- Fr 24th - TwoMan Ting Great Afro - Caribbean - Roots sounds.
- Th 30th - Tim Franks Quintet Tim Franks has played with a host of well known American and British Blues and R&B artists, including Jack Bruce, Chris Farlowe, Mick Abrahams and Zoot Money.
- Th 6th - Steps Session Our monthly night of quality musicians from around the area.
- Sa 15th - The Dixon & Gonzo Duo With vocals, lead guitar, drums and keys The Dixon & Gonzo play up beat soul-style R & B with the punch of a full band.
- Th 20th - Jazz Measure Playing a mix of jazz, funk, rock and soul numbers the band features three top session musicians including one of Europe's top bass players namely Simon Goulding and completing the line-up we have Jonathan Gleave on drums with Andrew Gleave on vocals, keyboards and guitar.
- Th 27th - Mic & Susie Darling Mic and Susie Darling are well respected Travellers who sing of the Travellers life through their own music and stories.
- Sa 29th - Odwana From Manchester Odwana play bass heavy dance music combining West African percussion and electronics. It's going to be a night of monstrous heavy beats, live, loud and wild!
- Th 4th - Steps Session Our monthly night of quality musicians from around the area.
- Su 7th - Paddy Garrigan & The Stroller Priests "Bonkers but amiable three piece from the far north of England take two years plus to produce a debut which has some trouser-bursting brass and lots of chutzpah. Mandolin ska folk psychedelia doesn't even make a halfway decent description. Off the wall and up the alley." - fRoots Magazine
- Th 11th - Neil C Young Quartet The band's music, composed by Neil, incorporates aspects of John Scofield, Herbie Hancock, Keith Jarrett, George Benson and Billy Cobham. Whilst acknowledging these various influences, Neil treats them beautifully with a deep knowledge of performance, arrangement and composition.
- Tu 23rd - Watch the Wall's Acoustic Tuesday with special guest Tim Holehouse Tim Holehouse is one of the hardest working musicians you'll ever meet. He's primarily inspired by the delta blues but also punk rock, jazz, country metal and experimental music. A musician who has been on the road for almost 10 years, he has performed in almost all European countries, Australia, Canada, USA and Japan.
- Th 25th - Get Carter Get Carter are a wild Hammond and Drum Duo with James Mackie (ex 'Selecter' and 'Madness') on organ and John Elles on drums. These guys are masters of the Hammond mod beat ... mesmerising ... unbeatable, we've had them here before and they always bring the house down!
- Th 1st - The Captain's Beard Yarrr! The Captain's Beard be a company of travelling troubadours on a quest to bring the finest grog fuelled sea shanties and dancing folk music to everyone who lives the pirate life.
- Th 8th - Western Valley Hotclub with The Stanley Dixies Cowboy Jazz meets Dixie, Swing and Blues from the Czech Republic! Two members of the fun Czech street band The Stanley Dixies join firm Number 39 favourites the Western Valley Hotclub, promises to be quite a night!
- Th 22nd - Paul Farr Trio The Paul Farr Trio only play original music whether it's jazz, blues, funk or whatever else comes out! Expect melodic jazz, gritty blues and funky New Orleans.
- Th 12th - Lewis & Dav Lewis & Dav are part of the new wave of instrumental acoustic jazz that is taking the world by storm. With influences from Django Reinhardt to Snarky Puppy and Led Zeppelin to Dirty Loops, their sound combines tight, funky and experimental jazz chops with ludicrously catchy hooks.
- Mo 16th - Dave Ellis & Boo Howard Dave and Boo have a long musical history going back to the 70's in Dave's case. They met when Boo joined Dave's electric band called The Reactors but in the early 2000's Dave and Boo developed an acoustic act which returned them to their folk club roots. As a singer/songwriting team they have played many venues and released 7 albums.
- Th 26th - Tilter Wheel Tilter Wheel is Simon Brady's own band but you will recognise him the Swing Commanders, Soul Train and Western Valley Hot Club. Tonight at Number 39 the band will be treating us to some fine contemporary Bluegrass guaranteed to have you tapping your feet and singing along.
- Mo 7th - John Emil From America, John Emil is an accomplished singer/songwriter, guitarist, and a master of slide guitar, has delivered show stopping performances at major music festivals like the Telluride Blues and Brews Fest, the Lake Occonee Music Fest, the Florida Folk Festivals and many more.
- Th 10th - Edwina Hayes + Support - Ticket details to be announced Edwina Hayes numbers Michael Parkinson and Perez Hilton among her fans. Her beautifully written songs, charming stage presence and voice of an angel have won her a reputation as a true natural talent of gentle folk-americana and she has opened numerous shows for the likes of Jools Holland and Van Morrison
- Th 24th - Trappenwitz Treppenwitz is a project dedicated to improvisation and the exploration of sounds. Compositions are all contributed by the members and are used as a springboard for exploration of sounds, textures, harmony and rhythm.
- Th 31st - Captain Hotknives + Blanty - Ticket details to be announced Tackling subjects such as begging, solvent abuse, pigeon hypnosis, skankin' your nana, the pathetic nature of petty racism and the terrible quality of muffins on trains, the Captain's humorous lyrics will address these vital topics. Blanty's songs are laced with world folk roots flavours and delivered with both humour and style. A very entertaining musician who spends all summer performing up and down the country at various venues and festivals.
- Th 14th - Kuschty Rye Kuschty Rye is roots-rocker Des Horsfall with "an array of wonderful musicians" who play to honour the late great Ronnie Lane (Small Faces / Faces / Slim Chance). The band specifically work from his Ronnie's 'Slim Chance' period which was a vision of a bucolic English entertainment which briefly captured the limelight before he sadly died. Thirty years on Des Horsfall is trying to capture the spirit of Lane's endeavour and move it forward.
- Tu 19th - Watch the Wall's Acoustic Tuesday with special guest Johnny Campbell Performing live for over a decade and now on a solo path from 2014, Johnny Campbell has toured UK, almost everywhere in Europe,the USA and has been billed with BBC Folk award winners and nominees. "One of folk's brightest rising stars" - BrightYoungFolk.com
- Th 28th - BIG ANNOUNCEMENT COMING SOON!
- Th 5th - The Hut People The Hut People are an instrumental duo who have over the last 3 years proved to be one of THE most unique, entertaining and best-loved acts on the UK folk scene.
Keep checking back for updates...
Stevie Williams & The Most Wanted Band
North Sea Hijack
Tim Franks Quintet
The Dixon & Gonzo Duo
Jazz Measure's Simon Goulding
Mic & Susie Darling
Paddy Garrigan & The Stroller Priests
Neil C Young1l
The Captain's Beard
Western Valley Hotclub with The Stanley Dixies
Paul Farr Trio
Lewis & Dav
Dave Ellis & Boo Howard
Captain Hotknives and Blanty
Des Horsfall of Kuschty Rye
The Hut People