Take a peek into what's planned for the coming months. More details nearer the time.
Keep checking back for updates...
- Fr 1st - Neutrino Trio + DJ Ian G Blackburn based band Neutrino Trio doubles it's ranks for this gig and will be featuring Alex Roberts, James Robinson, Blanty, Michael Russell and Teri Birtwistle. The band's jazz-funk influenced grooves are raw and uplifting and though relatively new to the scene, their excitement and skills are one of a kind! Plus good friend of DMP and Number 39 Ian G will be keeping the funky grooves going all night!
- Su 3rd - Moons Of Venus (3pm) More information to follow.
- Su 10th - Steps Session (3pm) Our monthly night of quality musicians from around the area.
- Th 14th - Kuschty Rye Kuschty Rye is roots-rocker Des Horsfall with "an array of wonderful musicians" who play to honour the late great Ronnie Lane (Small Faces / Faces / Slim Chance). The band specifically work from his Ronnie's 'Slim Chance' period which was a vision of a bucolic English entertainment which briefly captured the limelight before he sadly died. Thirty years on Des Horsfall is trying to capture the spirit of Lane's endeavour and move it forward.
- Sa 16th - The Armadillos The Armadillos who are a high energy Americana roots trio who have been delighting their audiences for almost 25 years. Your ears will be smiling when these guys get going and you feel the energy of this tight band.
- Su 17th - The Amber List (3pm) From Preston, The Amber List's music is peppered with harmonic interludes and touched with atmospherics, their sound moves over the dial from folk to Indie jangle, and many stations in-between. Songs range from 60's folk-tinged ballads to full on indie pop. If pigeonholing, file under Post Brexit Urban Indie Blues.
- Tu 19th - Watch the Wall's Acoustic Tuesday with special guest Johnny Campbell Performing live for over a decade and now on a solo path from 2014, Johnny Campbell has toured UK, almost everywhere in Europe,the USA and has been billed with BBC Folk award winners and nominees. "One of folk's brightest rising stars" - BrightYoungFolk.com
- Th 21st - Jeremy Sassoon Trio Singer/pianist Jeremy Sassoon comes with a great CV having headlined at many esteemed jazz venues such as Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in Soho, the Boisdale Club in Canary Wharf and the A-Trane Jazz Club in Berlin.
- Sa 23rd - Martin Jonathan Martin is based in Spain but is back over here fort a spell with his guitar to play us sweet songs ranging from Davis Bowie to Lancashire folk tunes.
- Th 28th - Martin Carthy - Tickets £10 from the bar or Skiddle website from Weds 4th Sept Martin Carthy MBE is one of the most influential figures in British traditional music having won the BBC Radio 2 Folk Singer of the Year award in 2002 and 2009. He has played in Steeleye Span, The Albion Country Band, The Watersons, Brass monkey and others with close collaborations with Dave Swarbrick and other members of Fairport Convention resulting in nearly 100 record releases since 1965.
- Su 1st - Ponte Propori Meteoric (3pm) Propori play a distinctive contemporary folk guitar style fused with a Latin/Spanish touch and deep, burgeoning lyrics that hide nothing from the listener. Tonight they make a bridge with Portuguese band, Riding A Meteor to take a journey through the universe.
- Th 5th - The Hut People The Hut People are an instrumental duo who have over the last 3 years proved to be one of THE most unique, entertaining and best-loved acts on the UK folk scene.
- Su 8th - Steps Session (3pm) Our regular Steps Session featuring quality musicians from around the area moves to a Sunday afternoon this month.
- Th 12th - Shunya Alan Keary (from Age of Glass) is a multi instrumentalist, writer and producer with a strong musical heritage encompassing classical violin to the sounds of Manchester's electronic music scene. Shunya plays live in many arrangements from solo to a 12 piece band. His music is an effortless blend of classical, world influences, dance-infused beats and infectious rhythms, all filtered through layers of technical magic and sheer talent.
- Sa 14th - Nik Turner's Space Ritual - Tickets £10 from the bar or Skiddle website (available now) This is a special one... Founding member of Hawkwind Nik Turner relives the dawn of psychedelia! He has brought together a band of former Hawkwind members playing classic '70s Hawkwind music. Included in this unique line-up are Nik Turner (Sax, Flute, Vocals and alien space suits!), Thomas Crimble (Bass Guitar and Hawkwind member throughout 1970) and Terry 'Caveman' Ollis (Drums and Percussion, a veteran of the Isle of Wight festival) and 'Boy Wonder' Stephen Jones on guitar.
- Su 15th - Grant Sharkey + Special Guests Grant Sharkey plays electric bass and sings but the songs, complemented with comedy and gentle, light-hearted political comment are immensely thought provoking.
- Tu 17th - Watch the Wall's Acoustic Tuesday with special guest Ash Mandrake Ash is like a court jester on steroids, he plays on a variety of inventive homemade instruments with interesting and funny stories which all contribute to a great sense of the theatrical.
Keep checking back for updates...