Take a peek into what's planned for the coming months. More details nearer the time.
Keep checking back for updates...
- Fr 1st - The Templebys + support Gutsy vocals garnished with heavy bass driven grooves, some cutting guitar riffs and liberal lashings of Hammond funk. The band's 60's and 70's sounds are delivered in a modern and fresh way which ensure the feel is bang up to date.
- Th 7th - Jacob & Drinkwater Devon based duo Jacob & Drinkwater have been called "stand out new Folk" by BBC6 Music and "inventive and thrilling" by R2 Magazine. The duo's dynamic and emotionally charged live show has an abundance of energy, musical chemistry and spontaneity.
- Th 14th - The Gary Boyle Band Top band featuring the legendary Gary Boyle, one of the best jazz guitarist's in the country.
- Tu 19th - Watch the Wall's Acoustic Tuesday - Irish Theme
- Th 21st - The Nightcreatures Duo The Nightcreatures Duo are a stripped down version of New Orleans R&B band The Nightcreatures, specialising in Swamp Funk, Voodoo Blues and Mardi Gras street beats. Bring your own Gumbo!
- Th 28th - Calum Ingram From his roots in Paisley, Scotland Calum grew up with a rich mix of blues, Americana, folk and rock music. When his classical cello training at school collided with his dad's Jimi Hendrix records, a new and unique way to express his deep, heartfelt creativity was formed.
- Sa 6th - Warren James R'n'R Show We are always very pleased to have Warren back on the Number 39 stage where he has delighted us with some great Skiffle music but tonight he turns his talents to Rock and Roll.
- Su 7th - Old Time Rags (3:00pm) Old Time Rags are Laurence Marshall and Phoebe Ophelia Douthwaite and together they are street musicians par excellence. Laurence is a one-man band complete with drum, horns, whistles, washboard, squeezebox and anything else that can be strung to him. Phoebe also plays multiple instruments and the pair accompany their songs with boisterous tap dancing.
- Th 11th - Lukás Oravec Quartet Lead by Slovakian born Lukás Oravec the Quartet are a sophisticated collective who will be bringing the very finest Slovak Jazz to Number 39.
- Tu 16th - Watch the Wall's Acoustic Tuesday with special guest Tom Metcalfe From Preston, Tom is a virtuoso guitarist, critically-acclaimed songwriter & inspirational teacher. Tonight there will be excellent flamenco guitar and a dance duo.
- Th 18th - Matumbi (with Dennis Bovell and full Dub Band) Ticket only: £8. Available at the bar from 12:00 7th February Matumbi was formed in 1971 by British reggae producer Dennis Bovell and were pioneers of reggae music throughout the 70's and early 80's. As part of DMP's 20th year celebrations the gig will feature Matumbi's Dennis Bovell and original keyboard player Nick Straker alongside Dub Natty Sessions for what promises to be a real treat for reggae fans!
- Th 25th - Robin Sunflower's tribute to Toots Thielemans Robin's annual tour to celebrate the birthday, music and the six-decade career of Belgium's legendary jazz harmonica player Toots Thielemans (29 Apr 1922 - 22 Aug 2016).
- Su 29th - Logan & Manley (2:30pm) With her roots in Guyana, singer songwriter Terry Logan writes about her human experience in a way that is simple, poetic, and full of soul. Playing with prolific guitarist Chris Manley, she found her musical soulmate and fellow kindness crusader.
- Tu 21st - Watch the Wall's Acoustic Tuesday with special guest Scott Wainwright Yorkshire based Scott Wainwright is a singer-songwriter and instrumentalist. His music draws from various musical genres including Blues, Gospel, Folk and Hip Hop as well as various 'World' musics, such as African, Hawaiian and Indian.
- Th 23rd - Keshanadram (Jenny Bliss & Ash Mandrake) A journey through a range of emotional scenes, with unexpected twists and turns. Come to laugh, come to shed a tear. Come to be surprised, amazed and entertained. This is a wild-card-fusion band.
- Th 20th - Jazz Measure Playing a mix of jazz, funk, rock and soul numbers the band features three top session musicians including one of Europe's top bass players namely Simon Goulding and completing the line-up we have Jonathan Gleave on drums with Andrew Gleave on vocals, keyboards and guitar.
- Th 27th - Mic & Susie Darling Mic and Susie Darling are well respected Travellers who sing of the Travellers life through their own music and stories.
- Tu 21st - Watch the Wall's Acoustic Tuesday with special guest Tim Holehouse Tim Holehouse is one of the hardest working musicians you'll ever meet. He's primarily inspired by the delta blues but also punk rock, jazz, country metal and experimental music. A musician who has been on the road for almost 10 years, he has performed in almost all European countries, Australia, Canada, USA and Japan.
- Th 1st - The Captain's Beard Yarrr! The Captain's Beard be a company of traveling troubadours on a quest to bring the finest grog fuelled sea shanties and dancing folk music to everyone who lives the pirate life.
- Th 8th - Western Valley Hotclub with The Stanley Dixies Cowboy Jazz meets Dixie, Swing and Blues from the Czech Republic! Two members of the fun Czech street band The Stanley Dixies join firm Number 39 favourites the Western Valley Hotclub, promises to be quite a night!
- Mo 16th - Dave Ellis & Boo Howard Dave and Boo have a long musical history going back to the 70's in Dave's case. They met when Boo joined Dave's electric band called The Reactors but in the early 2000's Dave and Boo developed an acoustic act which returned them to their folk club roots. As a singer/songwriting team they have played many venues and released 7 albums.
- Mo 7th - John Emil From America, John Emil is an accomplished singer/songwriter, guitarist, and a master of slide guitar, has delivered show stopping performances at major music festivals like the Telluride Blues and Brews Fest, the Lake Occonee Music Fest, the Florida Folk Festivals and many more.
- Th 10th - Edwina Hayes + Support - Ticket details to be announced Edwina Hayes numbers Michael Parkinson and Perez Hilton among her fans. Her beautifully written songs, charming stage presence and voice of an angel have won her a reputation as a true natural talent of gentle folk-americana and she has opened numerous shows for the likes of Jools Holland and Van Morrison
- Th 5th - The Hut People The Hut People are an instrumental duo who have over the last 3 years proved to be one of THE most unique, entertaining and best-loved acts on the UK folk scene.
Keep checking back for updates...
Jacob & Drinkwater
Matumbi's Dennis Bovell
Old Time Rags
The Captain's Beard
Dave Ellis & Boo Howard
Western Valley Hotclub with The Stanley Dixies
Mic & Susie Darling
Jazz Measure's Simon Goulding
The Nightcreatures Duo
Matumbi's Nick Straker
Logan & Manley
The Hut People