Take a peek into what's planned for the coming months. More details nearer the time.
- Th 5th - Steps Session Our monthly night of quality musicians from around the area.
- Th 19th - John The Baptist & The Second Coming JTB elicit from strangers peculiar dancing to songs about the universe, atoms, Higgs Bosons, Zeus, Gilgamesh and Prometheus. If you like Hawkwind, ELP and Gong then this is the band for you.
- Th 2nd - Steps Session Our monthly night of quality musicians from around the area.
- Th 9th - Toco Madera A lively young sextet playing original compositions inspired by music from Latin America, Afro-Caribbean folkloric music and contemporary jazz: simple infectious bass lines and flowing melodies interwoven between the unusual trumpet and vibes frontline.
- Th 30th - Captain Hotknives + Blanty - Tickets on sale now: £3 from the bar Tackling subjects such as begging, solvent abuse, pigeon hypnosis, skankin' your nana, the pathetic nature of petty racism and the terrible quality of muffins on trains, the Captain's humorous lyrics will address these vital topics. Blanty's songs are laced with world folk roots flavours and delivered with both humour and style. A very entertaining musician who spends all summer performing up and down the country at various venues and festivals.
- Th 6th - Steps Session Our monthly night of quality musicians from around the area.
- Th 13th - John Ellis Quartet John Eliis is a quality pianist, singer, composer and producer of the highest order. His reputation goes before him having played with and produced major artists such as Tom Jones, Corinne Bailey Rae, Lily Allen, John Squire (Stone Roses) and others as well as being a founder member of The Cinematic Orchestra.
- Mon 17th - WorldService Project The uniqueness of WSP's music prevents it from being easily squeezed into any of the established genres. If you try to imagine a fusion of Jazz, Experimental, Punk and Avant Garde Rock mixed together with wisps of Zappa craziness all being played with an exuberant sense of fun and exquisite timing then you'd at least be pointing in the right direction!
- Tu 18th - Acoustic Tuesday with special guest - Howlin' Mat A Flaming Hot Blues Guitarist!! An English version of 'Seasick Steve'... Raw and rootsy with a dash of Yorkshire humour thrown in.
- Th 30th - Gideon Conn Gideon is a uniquely gifted songwriter who uses a broad spectrum of music to conjure up songs that you will never have heard the like of before. His songs, often gentle, are delivered in mixed styles with meaningful lyrics that will give pause for thought and sometimes a laugh.
- Th 4th - Steps Session Our monthly night of quality musicians from around the area.
- Th 11th - Lewis & Dav Lewis & Dav are part of the new wave of instrumental acoustic jazz that is taking the world by storm. With influences from Django Reinhardt to Snarky Puppy and Led Zeppelin to Dirty Loops, their sound combines tight, funky and experimental jazz chops with ludicrously catchy hooks.
- Th 18th - Robin Sunflower Band Jazz, blues, soul, reggae and Ska featuring Robin's fabulous harmonica skills.
- Th 25th - Plume Returning to 39 are Manchester band Plume who play some very interesting experimental electronic music with driving rhythms and beautiful melodies.
- Th 1st - Steps Session Our monthly night of quality musicians from around the area.
- Th 8th - Jeremy Sassoon Trio Singer/pianist Jeremy Sassoon comes with a great CV having headlined at many esteemed jazz venues such as Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in Soho, the Boisdale Club in Canary Wharf and the A-Trane Jazz Club in Berlin.
- Th 15th - Nicola Farnon Trio - £3 on the door This band may be small but it packs a mighty punch. Nicola's voice is captivating, warm and original, multi-instrumentalist Piero Tucc's is awe inspiring especially playing both saxes at the same time and all this is held together and propelled along by Phil John's driving drums.
Keep checking back for updates...
John The Baptist & The Second Coming
Nicola Farnon Trio
The Robin Sunflower Band
Lewis & Dav
Contact the Venue
Number 39 Hopstar Brewery Tap
39-41, Bridge Street
Contact the Organiser