Take a peek into what's planned for the coming months. More details nearer the time.
- Th 1st - Steps Session Our monthly night of quality musicians from around the area.
- Mo 5th - Dave Ellis & Boo Howard Dave and Boo have a long musical history going back to the 70's in Dave's case. They meet when Boo joined Dave's electric band called The Reactors but in the early 2000's Dave and Boo developed an acoustic act which returned them to their folk club roots. As a singer/songwriting team they have played many venues and released 7 albums.
- Th 8th - Jeremy Sassoon Trio Singer/pianist Jeremy Sassoon comes with a great CV having headlined at many esteemed jazz venues such as Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in Soho, the Boisdale Club in Canary Wharf and the A-Trane Jazz Club in Berlin.
- Sa 10th - Black Friday Black Friday are three mature Lancashire musicians all driven by classic funk, rock, pop with a big nod to Steely Dan. Very well received on their last visit, one not to miss.
- Th 15th - Nicola Farnon Trio - £3 on the door This band may be small but it packs a mighty punch. Nicola's voice is captivating, warm and original, multi-instrumentalist Piero Tucc's is awe inspiring especially playing both saxes at the same time and all this is held together and propelled along by Phil John's driving drums.
- Tu 18th - Watch the Wall's Acoustic Tuesday with special guests - Rogan & Maguire Singer/Songwriter Chris Rogan is joined in a collaboration with Brian McGuire and together they play a mixture of thoughtful and upbeat Folk songs.
- Th 22nd - Ash Mandrake Ash is like a court jester on steroids, he plays on a variety of inventive homemade instruments with interesting and funny stories which all contribute to a great sense of the theatrical.
- Sa 24th - King Georges Hall Jazz/Funk Room Revival Night After the success of our first event in April we are proud to present our 2nd King Georges Hall Jazz/Funk Room Revival Night with original DJ's Ian G and Mark Grice.
- Sa 1st - JD Meatyard - Darwen Album Launch. 8pm start, full line-up to be confirmed. If you've seen JD before you know it's going to be pugnacious, political, poignant and pure gold!
- Th 6th - Steps Session Our monthly night of quality musicians from around the area.
- Th 13th - Freddie Garner Quartet Freddie Garner's influences range from great pianists like Kenny Barron and Oscar Peterson to alto saxman Cannonball Adderly, will be presenting his intoxicating mix of jazz standards and originals, from swingers through Latin and ballads, specializing in the straight ahead jazz of the post bop era and paying homage to the all time greats.
- Th 20th - Darwen Music Projects Christmas Party with the Gypsies of Bohemia !! - Sorry, tickets now sold out. Foot stomping Gypsy Jazz from Manchester's 'Gypsies of Bohemia' who are an acoustic group who perform modern pop favourites like you've never heard them before.
Keep checking back for updates...
Gypsies of Bohemia
Rogan & Maguire
Dave Ellis & Boo Howard
Freddie Garner Quartet
King Georges Hall Jazz/Funk Room Revival Night
Nicola Farnon Trio
Contact the Venue
Number 39 Hopstar Brewery Tap
39-41, Bridge Street
Contact the Organiser