Take a peek into what's planned for the coming months. More details nearer the time.
Keep checking back for updates...
- Th 5th - Rafe's Dilemma Rafe's Dilemma are an eclectic mix of improvisation, synthesised soundscapes, word and carefully crafted songs from Jamil Sheriff, Sam Vicary, Katie Patterson and Nel Begley
- Fr 6th - Route 66 Route 66 are a committed 4 piece band from Buxton who in their 25 years have played around 1000 gigs at venues ranging from full-blown festivals to small pubs. They play energetic R'n'B in the style of The Stones, Dr Feelgood, Chuck Berry and Muddy Waters with plenty of originals chucked in as well.
- Th 12th - Lewis & Dav Lewis & Dav are part of the new wave of instrumental acoustic jazz that is taking the world by storm. With influences from Django Reinhardt to Snarky Puppy and Led Zeppelin to Dirty Loops, their sound combines tight, funky and experimental jazz chops with ludicrously catchy hooks.
- Su 15th - Steps Session (3pm) Our regular Steps Session featuring quality musicians from around the area moves to a Sunday afternoon this month.
- Mo 16th - Dave Ellis & Boo Howard Dave and Boo have a long musical history going back to the 70's in Dave's case. They met when Boo joined Dave's electric band called The Reactors but in the early 2000's Dave and Boo developed an acoustic act which returned them to their folk club roots. As a singer/songwriting team they have played many venues and released 7 albums.
- Th 19th - N A T Blooms Flowers Of The Night New project merging original Blooms songs with heavy Jazz arrangements and colourful improvisational elements mixed with urban grooves from New Orleans to Drum and bass vibes. Raucous and raw!
- Th 26th - Tilter Wheel Tilter Wheel is Simon Brady's own band but you will recognise him the Swing Commanders, Soul Train and Western Valley Hot Club. Tonight at Number 39 the band will be treating us to some fine contemporary Bluegrass guaranteed to have you tapping your feet and singing along.
- Th 3rd - Steps Session Our monthly night of quality musicians from around the area.
- Mo 7th - John Emil From America, John Emil is an accomplished singer/songwriter, guitarist, and a master of slide guitar, has delivered show stopping performances at major music festivals like the Telluride Blues and Brews Fest, the Lake Occonee Music Fest, the Florida Folk Festivals and many more.
- Th 10th - Edwina Hayes + Support - Tickets £8 (£5 for members) Edwina Hayes numbers Michael Parkinson and Perez Hilton among her fans. Her beautifully written songs, charming stage presence and voice of an angel have won her a reputation as a true natural talent of gentle folk-americana and she has opened numerous shows for the likes of Jools Holland and Van Morrison
- Th 24th - Trappenwitz Treppenwitz is a project dedicated to improvisation and the exploration of sounds. Compositions are all contributed by the members and are used as a springboard for exploration of sounds, textures, harmony and rhythm.
- Th 31st - Captain Hotknives + Blanty - Ticket details to be announced Tackling subjects such as begging, solvent abuse, pigeon hypnosis, skankin' your nana, the pathetic nature of petty racism and the terrible quality of muffins on trains, the Captain's humorous lyrics will address these vital topics. Blanty's songs are laced with world folk roots flavours and delivered with both humour and style. A very entertaining musician who spends all summer performing up and down the country at various venues and festivals.
- Th 7th - Steps Session Our monthly night of quality musicians from around the area.
- Th 14th - Kuschty Rye Kuschty Rye is roots-rocker Des Horsfall with "an array of wonderful musicians" who play to honour the late great Ronnie Lane (Small Faces / Faces / Slim Chance). The band specifically work from his Ronnie's 'Slim Chance' period which was a vision of a bucolic English entertainment which briefly captured the limelight before he sadly died. Thirty years on Des Horsfall is trying to capture the spirit of Lane's endeavour and move it forward.
- Tu 19th - Watch the Wall's Acoustic Tuesday with special guest Johnny Campbell Performing live for over a decade and now on a solo path from 2014, Johnny Campbell has toured UK, almost everywhere in Europe,the USA and has been billed with BBC Folk award winners and nominees. "One of folk's brightest rising stars" - BrightYoungFolk.com
- Th 28th - Martin Carthy - Ticket details to be announced Martin Carthy MBE is one of the most influential figures in British traditional music having won the BBC Radio 2 Folk Singer of the Year award in 2002 and 2009. He has played in Steeleye Span, The Albion Country Band, The Watersons, Brass monkey and others with close collaborations with Dave Swarbrick and other members of Fairport Convention resulting in nearly 100 record releases since 1965.
- Th 5th - The Hut People The Hut People are an instrumental duo who have over the last 3 years proved to be one of THE most unique, entertaining and best-loved acts on the UK folk scene.
- Su 8th - Steps Session (3pm) Our regular Steps Session featuring quality musicians from around the area moves to a Sunday afternoon this month.
Keep checking back for updates...